Homework - MultiWay Trees
Due: Monday April 6
1) Read Chapter 10
2) Watch video here
3) Do the following problems
Please note: when you email your homework, please put the following in the subject field
Subject: COSC 311 LastName,FirstName MultiWay Trees
Subject: COSC 311 Smith, Joe MultiWay Trees
You MUST submit a .pdf file . Please name the file LastName+MultiWay.pdf
Please Note: some of the questions require you to draw multiway
tress as they grow. You can do this on paper and take a picture. Add
picture to your pdf file. Make sure your drawing is clear
and properly labelled.
1) Starting with an empty 2-3 tree, insert the following values: 10,20,5,30,7,40,50,6,90, 80 ,77 . NEATNESS COUNTS !!!
2) Starting with an empty 2-3-4 tree, insert the following values: 10,20,5,30,7,40,50,6,90, 80 ,77 . NEATNESS COUNTS !!
3) When splitting a 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 tree, will it behave more like a 2-3 tree or a 2-3-4 tree ?
4) Generalize your answer to question 3) to 2-3-4-5.........-N trees.
5) A node in a binary tree contained a key value and 2 references.
Other than a key value and references , what other instance
variables would be contained in a multiway node ?